Friday, October 7, 2011

ScrapTalk: Almost 6! Mini-Album...Finally!



Three years ago I made an mini-album called "Almost 3" -- that was during a time when Joey was summing up his first year in an early intervention program, when we were first introduced to his challenges and then, diagnosis -- and everything in between. A lot of emotions and uncertainties that were very new to us...as a parent, a couple, a family unit... Documenting that moment in time was very important to me then...and fast-forward to the present time, soooo thankful I did. 
Almost 6! ...shows the milestones of all of the hard work put forth three years ago by all three of us & everyone who was (and some still are) involved in our lives. 

I created this album back in early July using Studio Calico's Paper Moon kit along with a Maya Road chipboard album I already had. This album is very special to me, as well as, Almost 3! I would've posted months ago but I kinda misplaced it because it was hidden in a little boy's basket of toys. I think it's special to him as well. 

Enjoy & Have a great weekend, friends!





The "artwork" page from above actually folds out to look like this below...


Inside the "Happy Birthday" envelope is his birthday gift: we traveled to his favorite city. 

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

This is so inspirational!!! Found it from a Studio Calico tweet, and I'm so happy I did :)
Minis are always my favorite - this is just what I needed to get myself kicked into scrapping mode again!

Michelle L said...

Found this through Studio calico also! This is so gorgeous! Way to go mom! He will love looking back on this when he's all grown up!