Friday, November 4, 2011

Around here...

October was so full! I can't believe it's already November! Life has been really good to us...I'm very thankful in every way. Perfect timing for the theme of the month I suppose, definitely thankful! Here are a few favorite photos + moments of mine this month. ***it's a lengthy post***

This is the day I've been waiting for -- He was really interested in looking through his baby album which then led to all the other scrapbooks created for him. :)

Yes, chips + salsa is a new staple whenever we go to Joey's favorite restaurant. Love it!

I am the Art Volunteer/Teacher for Joey's Kindergarten class; eh-hem, all year long! I was particularly excited about this new adventure!
Our first project was inspired by Georges Seurat; Pointillism. The kids absolutely LOVED this project and so did the parents. What I love most about this experience is how fascinated I am with the different personalities you witness while creating...Love it!!

We were able to have several mini-getaways this month. One that is really special to me is this trip. Albeit, it's a trip to Vegas. It was a different Vegas experience. D did say "it is one you'll remember". We went with one of our closest friends -- and the Mr's surprised us one morning on a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon. I've been to the canyon before but never like this. The best part, we landed inside the canyon only to have a picnic waiting for us. Truly memorable...From up top the flight there was absolutely beautiful.


Absolutely beautiful!

We took turns sitting in the front and back! Love this man!!!


This photo was taken by his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. V. I love how she sends moments our kids' day to us. This isn't the first time...which tells me, there will be more memories to document. :) She is a wonderful addition to Joey's life. 
He chose to play with blocks for his "free choice".
What isn't cute about this photo? Here we are at a "Family Fun Night" event.  Most kids from his class were here to attend. Joey loved the balloon-animal-maker and the Trick-Car-Treat. Yep, about 10 cars were parked, all lined up with their trunks open FULL of candy! Awesome! 
At his school, they have a "Heroes Day" where special people in Joey's life are invited to celebrate a day with him at school. It was such a lovely ceremony. Each class went up on stage + recited poems or sang songs to us. Joey did AWESOME!! No melt downs. No "freezing" moments. No crying. *Sigh* He recited the Pledge of Allegiance + sang a couple of songs they are practicing for their Christmas musical. Huge milestones!!!
The Mr. has been SUPER busy at work for the last several months (not exaggerating) and times like these where he makes time out of his schedule makes this little guy feel extra special! It makes the day that much more special. Love this photo of them. My fave this month!!

We had two birthday's this month. Same location. Time-slots were back to back. Same day. Thank goodness it was local for us. We were able to go back home for an hour before heading out to the next party.
This is Joey with his Godfather. Love their relationship. Can you say Santa might just bring one these home for this little guy?! Oh yeah.

Another huge milestone, Joey's group participation. Here, he wanted to be next to the birthday girl. He made silly faces with them, screamed with them (when told) and seriously, just participated with them. This time last year...not the case...he would stand next to us and watch instead. Heaps & Bounds.
This is him on Halloween night walking up back to our house. Daddy stayed behind to hand out candy. Costume was super easy for Mama this year; San Jose Sharks player. :) Couldn't have picked a better team?! See the webbing & a spider in the photo? Daddy went to town again this year with webbing & the spider made by that little guy. It was super cute as most trick-or-treaters would compliment D with the webbing...hahaha.

And here we are for the beginning of Novemeber; this kiddo is sick. Ten kids and two teachers were diagnosed with strep at his school. Today, as I type, it has been 24 hours without a fever. I'm hoping it sticks!! 

Have a great weekend, friends! Tomorrow I'm excited I will be seeing her! It'll be a nice ending to a very challenging week. :) Cheers!!

No comments: