It's been a long time coming (I guess) in getting a J-O-B! Ha-ha. I laugh about it because for the longest time, I've always felt a need to want to work even though I've been a SAHM since 2005. Yes, I've worked on a few design jobs since then but nothing like what I used to do working for Corporate America. Eh-hem, back in the earrrrly 2000's. During the years of being at home, I've struggled with "defining myself" -- it was difficult to be at home and not work. When we found out about Joey a few years back about his challenges & then his diagnosis....well it was easier for me to make the decision to stay at home. So, four years later and Joey has progressed well (as you've all read here in the blog) -- the "guilt" of going back to work wasn't so ever-present as it once used to be.
My background is Interior Design. It has been a passion of mine since I was 9 years old. My last clock-in-clock-out job was for a furniture dealership. AutoCAD was my forte back then for commercial spaces for clients such as: Yahoo!, Network Appliance, Broadvision, etc. So, how all of this came about? ...being season tickets holders for the San Jose Sharks! I know, it sounds crazy! It started with going to our first pre-season game...there were a few people who sat a row behind us & then three rows behind that I used to work with that were also season ticket holders. Can you say reunion? Well, two months forward, one had asked if I was interested in working... Keywords that pulled me in: Contract work - Part-time - Working around Joey's schedule. Umm, Yes! So, I've been working at least 4 to 5 times a week and I clock out just in time I need to leave to pick up Joey from school! Sweeeeet!!! Couldn't be more happy to be in my element...it feels really good & I really enjoy the work.
I've been documenting/scrapbooking lately using Becky Higgin's Project Life album (photos to come)...and here's a photo of me "working" that I plan on including. :) Awesome!! Love everything about interior design especially when it comes to space plans (umm, floorplans).

2 comments:
where are you working? I'd love to catch up sometime. I'm just back at work from maternity leave.
And that is a GREAT photo of you! It is kinda nice getting a little break from motherhood and being with peers. Nothing ever takes the place of motherhood but man is it nice to have conversation with real people sometimes :) Enjoy this new adventure of yours. I'm sure you will be fabulous! xoxo
Post a Comment