Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Mama, let's go to the Pumpkin Patch"

Preparing for the pumpkin season has been somewhat a challenge for Joey over the years. From the little details of eating candy corn to dressing up in a costume to not liking anything about the phrase "trick or treat" to going to the pumpkin patch. It's a time of year where most families get excited about and for us, we cringe at the idea of planning for it. Mainly because we didn't know how he would 'like it' or 'accept it'. Each year has been different and each year has gotten better, thankfully. D and I were never the type of people who would dress up for the occasion. But we do enjoy going to the patch and carving pumpkins out to display on the porch and baking the pumpkin seeds and baking pumpkin cupcakes and handing out the candy. This year...we are hopeful about a 4-year-old joining in on the fun with us! We went to the patch this morning (the same patch we go to every year with the exception of one year) and I couldn't help but go down memory lane.

Here we are in 2006...He was afraid of everything in sight.

This is 2007 on a field trip when he was enrolled in an EI program. This year, he just walked around the patch.

In 2008 he was all about exploration!! This is when he said "Sit on punkin, Mama"...

This morning he woke up saying "Mama, let's go to the Pumpkin Patch"! Sitting on the pumpkins for Daddy (see his shadow) to take a picture is now a tradition. :)
He even chose his own pumpkin at the end of the visit.
Good Times!!

4 comments:

jan said...

Wow!! What a journey it's been for Joey & so far each year it seems to get better & better :) So proud of him...but this again just shows how much he is growing!! He is so adorable!!! Love that little boy!!

Jenny said...

Go Team Joey! I love the walk down memory lane with all of Joey's visits to the Pumpkin Patch! I'm getting emotional :) You could see his progression. You must have a huge smile on your face just thinking how far he's come - I do!!! I have a picture of Vince crying at the pumpkin patch when he was 2 y/o. Now he is begging us to go (we went yesterday too). Abby, I love this post!

ps - you look GREAT! I can tell you've lost weight :) And the new shoes are so cute! Can I copy you and get some myself? xoxo

my cup-a-joe! said...

Thanks Jan & Jenny! :)
The 2006 photo was the only one he wasn't crying in...at least I had one, right?
You know you don't have to ask...OF COURSE you can get a pair! Thank you for helping me decide which color to go with! :)

xoxo to you both!

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

Good times, indeed!