Tuesday, September 6, 2011

His 1st Day in Kindergarten


I still can't believe it! This kid has grown so fast. "Please.Slow.Down." is what I keep telling myself every time I catch a glimpse of him "looking" or "doing something older". I went to bed last night thinking how fast this day has arrived. This morning when I woke up -- I went to his bed, cuddled with him a little, slooowly waking him up (he's my kid, ya wake me up abruptly, instant grumpiness -- he's the same way), I left his room to start getting his things ready, I hear Daddy waking him up from his bed "saying, Joey come to my bed & cuddle" and Joey replies from his bed "No Daddy, come to my bed & cuddle"...this took about 5 minutes, in the end, Joey won & next thing I know, he's being piggybacked to the family room couch. Love! ...mornings like this.

Joey is not a fan of polo shirts! ...we had a little rough patch for a bit. He got over it after I said, "Joey, all the kids are going to have fun without you"...he replied, "No they're not...I'm going to have fun too" and I continued to say, "Then you need to wear your uniform...so you can have fun with your old friends and your new friends". He fiddled with the buttons a bit & got a glimpse on what was on TV and that was that.

One of my best moments of the morning is when D gave me a hug and said, "We did it!! We finally reached this day...This is where we wanted to be, where we prayed and wished and hoped for Joey to be...mainstreamed in Kindergarten". We shared this emotional moment -- his bear hug & my quiet tears.

Here is a photo of Joey at the age of 2, the day we enrolled him in an early intervention program:

August 27, 2007

This is him today:

Ready to go!

I have no words. 

For one of his requirements to bring on his first day, we had to bring in a family photo (family of three photos are rare) for their "About Me" wall -- after haircuts for both boys this weekend, I took out the tripod and here we are! A new beginning. A new chapter.


Thanks for reading! 

No comments: