Week 19 was an especially wonderful week for me! The week started perfectly beginning with Mother's Day. I love the cards Joey & his Daddy made; super cute. My favorite part is where Joey's draws my hair really, really long in one of his drawings...and for an almost 6-year-old, he gets how much I love scrapbooking. He knows it makes his Mama happy!
For both weeks, I kept the creative part of it very minimal -- just documenting the simple stuff & making it super easy & convenient for me to add in the content of the pages. This is what I love most about Project Life...it is so convenient, keeping the "interest" in wanting to do this album going.
These pages are an example of how I truly like to scrapbook. I'm not really into the embellishments...I just love to tell the story of the photos -- Ali Edward's mantra.
Week 19:
Week 20:
Six out of the seven days this week was all about Joey. You will read as to why when you click on the photos for a closer view. I am the type of person who personally needs "me time" to hold my sanity in tact...this week was a very challenging one. I had to find my inner-child-like qualities to get me through the week especially when I reached the fourth day. I have a few scrapbook friends who can scrapbook while having their kids at home with them but for me, I feel the need to stop what I want to do and focus on this little guy -- he is after all the only child. Don't get me wrong, I admire my friends who can make it happen & keep everyone equally happy. I just know for myself, if I was an only child, I wouldn't want to play by myself...and just like his Mama, the little guy gets bored very easily & loves the company when he can get it. D was really good about giving me some time to myself when he gets home early or when he can leave later in the morning for work. And honestly, being at home all week long (also, we couldn't really go anywhere because the pinkeye was contagious) it tested my patience and I have to admit I had a lot of fun playing & creating with Joey. I found a lot of therapy in coloring with Crayola markers & crayons & color pencils, ha-ha. This week reminded me to slow it down & like Goethe said "Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least". So true!
![]() |
| He's been into Chevron Cars lately -- we've been coloring a lot with these pages. |
Thanks for reading! Happy Weekend!!








2 comments:
Very cute Abby! I love your PL! And I spy the new Ali Edwards stamps - heehee! I wanted them but I put them back because I was being good. But now I want them! lol! Hope Joey's pinkeye is better. Pinkeye is not fun. Vince and I seem to get pinkeye once a year. Love all your pictures :)
love your pl abby!!! i can tell you're getting pretty creative with it and coming up with different concepts! love that you always take scrapping to another level!!!
Post a Comment