I finally took photos! Yeah!!!
I really love the idea behind this project. Since late 2009 I had thought about investing into this Becky Higgins creation...it took me awhile to take the plunge and I finally did last July but never started the creative journey. Then, she came out with new designs...and of course, I fell in love with the Turquoise album instantly; hence, the mix of old & new elements in the album. Becky Higgins is the very first scrapbooker I followed religiously for years. I love the simplicity of this album. It's not complicated. It's convenient. It's guilt-free actually.
My process, so far. I haven't been taking photos every day but I've noticed when I see a special moment I do take a photo of it or something I want to remember. I've also noticed there is always a camera at arms length when I need it -- be it the SLR, cell phone or P&S. And if I need to document a conversation or an observation, I will write it down on notebook paper or a post-it. I scrap in my craft room. Even though we have the great room & we do so much there as a family and I could possibly scrap or leave some PL note cards in the carry-all on our dining room table but I love being in my craft room...this is where I go when I feel the need to escape for a little while. As for photos, I print 2x3 or 4x6 or I use a polaroid camera. After I upload the photos on my computer, I already know what photos I want to print -- so I click the photo, click print and walk away. It'll be waiting for me at the printer when I'm ready to scrap. So I scrap whenever I get a moment in between family stuff & my regular routine. It's huge for me that the photos are already printed. So, really there isn't any thought process when it comes to putting it together...it's whatever feels right & I will add it in. So simple.
January Project Life



No comments:
Post a Comment