Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day weekend was a Big Deal!



So this was our dinner on Saturday night: whole wheat pasta shells with chinese broccoli, red onions and artichokes. This is a favorite of ours when artichokes are in season. D decided to make postini (a very small pasta) sauteed in butter for Joey. I tried it, it was good... But I caught Joey's eye and he was looking at our pasta. I asked if he would like to try some "shells". That was the keyword -- totally pulled him in & he tried and...liked it! His repertoire for food has sky-rocketed within the past few months. He went from having difficulty in chewing (2 years ago) to picky eater! I know there are a lot of parents out there who struggle with picky eaters. For us, we will take a picky eater any day! This is huge for us...this is huge for him!


                                          

Mother's Day was made extra special because of this moment!
The kiddo never ceases to amaze me.

Since this day, he has had mac & cheese, deli turkey meat with cheddar & swiss cheese, a taste of a Chipotle burrito & quesadillas!

I am finally that Mama who packs her kids' lunch with so much pride -- I am attacking this at all levels. Today I packed a Fiber One's strawberry pop-tart. I know, not the best thing -- maybe a little
better than Kellogg but how I see it: its something that has three textures combined in one bite. Oh yea!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Totally awesome-ness (love your label)! It's truly amazing how fast Joey is zipping through the next milestone :) And hey - at least you are giving a Fiber One part tart. We were giving Vince the regular sugary chocolate Pop Tart. lol! xoxo