Within the last two weeks, D and I were able to getaway for a weekend. Joey was able to spend some time with his grandparents along with one of his best friends, Maya. Lots of birthday & baby celebrations we have already attended and plan on attending...and a HUGE milestone for Joey! Here are the highlights.
The kid is officially potty trained! He has been for the #1 department for over a year now...the #2 department has been more of a "fear". Quite understandable. Two weeks ago, D left for a weekend to visit his Mom. I decided to bite the bullet and brave the #2 department. With so many challenges Joey has to overcome we didn't want to overwhelm him with this...we wanted to wait until we knew he was ready and capable developmentally.
And so the time came. It's AWESOME, to say the least. As a reward system, to get over the fear...we kinda went big. We rewarded him with a toy every time he would visit the #2 department. Now, that he is back into regulation, D came up with a very cool idea. The Incentive Plan. He has a love for candy corn! So, every time it's an #1, he can have two candy corns and if it's a #2, he can have five candy corns. Here's the catch...in order for him to earn a toy (which he always asks for)...he can decide whether he wants to eat the candy corn or save the candy corn. He doesn't necessarily have to eat the 'two or five' all at one time, he can also decide to eat one or two or however many he chooses to eat now and save the remaining in the jar for the toy. Once he reaches the yellow measuring tape (see photo above), he can visit the toy store. Instant Gratification vs. The Value of Saving. Pretty clever, I think...especially to start them young! And if you know our family, it's never about instant gratification. Joey's in for a ride for sure!
Maya calls Joey "Cousin Joe-Joe"
Papa & Joey "flying"
Ahh...my new creation! Angel Food Cake Cupcakes filled with Nutella & topped with a Blackberry!
Pure Delight!
D & I met up with Jenny & her man in Vegas for din-din at RMseafood! We even saw Rick Moonen in person...
His new way of chilling and watching some tube!
That's all for now...looking forward to documenting more this month!
Have a great one!!






3 comments:
I love that idea with the candy corn and saving up for a big prize! And I love that cute jar you made to - great way to use up those supplies :) Congrats to Joey for that huge milestone! Those cupcakes look yummy. Can I have the recipe? lol. I had a friend who happened to be in Vegas the same weekend we were and she tried that Serendipity dessert place. We will have to try it the next we are there! Love those adorable pictures of Joey! xoxo
LOVE IT .. heck I always love all your stuff ..
love the pics..have a great weekend.
Love catching up through photos and blog posts! Hooray for Joey and working towards the BIG prize. So stinkin' creative. And OMG on the cupcakes! Looks absolutely scrumptious! I've been MIA due to end of year school activities and just trying to catch up with life. Counting down the days till vacation. 6 more to go!!!!Miss you. We'll catch up soon.
Post a Comment