Sunday, June 28, 2009

Garage Sale + Scrapbook Goodness


The neighborhood garage sale was a success! It happens every year sometime in the month of June. I really think this is the only time the community gets together. There are the HOA monthly meetings but, to be honest, the garage sales are more fun. This was the only photo I took yesterday morning. We got up at 6am, set up shop around 7am and we closed shop at 10:30am. Joey wanted to be involved and we didn't want him to wander with the folks on our driveway so we had him sit on my car. He found something useful to do...it was very tempting to place him with the 'for sale items'...but I suppose he's a keeper! :) Did I mention it was 105 degrees where we live? Yikes!! We started feeling the heat at 9am. It was nice to be sold out at 10:30am...Gotta love A/C!

I was able to sell scrapbook supplies...it was nice to get rid of them! Yes, Jenny, I sold the Sizzix and all of its accessories (and more) for a nice price; the nice lady did get a sweet deal but it was nice to see it go. I didn't place any of the scrapbook items out, only a sign that read "Interested in Scrapbook supplies, Inquire Within"...Umm, the sign only lasted 10 minutes, not exaggerating! She cleaned me out -- one lady took everything. So, the proceeds went to a lovely store in Berkeley; Yes, Nette, I trekked the 1-hour plus drive (with all the boys in tow) to check out this nothing-but-goodness store! Loved every inch of it!!! I typically don't come out purchasing more paper or any type of storage...but I did here. Can't wait to go again in August with those nice ladies at All Things Scrap -- sadly, minus one, there will definitely be a next time with her -- Check out the scrapbook goodness below!

Ahh...makes me so happy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so happy you were able to sell it! At least you got rid of it and were able to spend it at the store. I can not WAIT to visit it. All you scrap goodies look good enough to eat. Love the Amy Butler bag too :) Can't wait to see what you do with it all!