Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December Daily...

Ahh...finally I have a few pages to post. We've had a few setbacks early this month; Joey got sick back to back with first a cold and then, stomach flu. Yuck! He took 1-1/2 week off from school and therapy and getting him back to his normal-happy-usual-self took some time. Dave has been especially busy at work which means longer days for the both of us. We also discovered Joey has an allergy -- bleu cheese. Poor Guy. And well for me, I've been behind in all holiday projects: christmas cards, teachers & therapists gifts and this album...including the everyday stuff. I think, as a family, we've overcommitted ourselves with obligations, events, projects... Needless to say, I know it'll all be worth it when we look back at this month.

A lot to look forward to this week and next. Joey is having a holiday party at preschool; they'll be performing a song for the parents -- Jingle Bells. Monday begins his 2-week break from both preschool and therapy...We are transitioning him into a BIG BOY bed - Huge deal! And we'll be spending some time with Dave's brother, Chris & his family from Peoria (Illinois) and my family for the New Year! All good stuff...now onto my pages! :)


Day 1: Had to document my favorite tummy warmer! Gotta love them PSL's (Pumpkin Spice Latte)!


Day 2: Starting to get into the holiday spirit...Anticipating Dave arriving from the storage facility to bring home the Christmas decor!


Day 3: These are few projects I've started and haven't finished! Will create a layout in the next few days when they are!


Day 4: Getting ready for the Christmas tree's arrival... I even re-arranged our living room furniture. Change is good.


Day 5: Just photos around the house of the decorations I put up!


Day 6: I documented the 'good eats' Dave has been creating while at home. There's something to say about it being cold outside & not going anywhere...he makes some awesome dishes!
The second photo is where I keep the recipes!



Day 7: Ahh...Oh Christmas Tree!


Day 8: Is of our favorite room in the house. This is where we spend most of our time as a family -- it helps to be right next to the kitchen!  


Day 9: The best part of giving gifts is when I get to wrap Joey's... 


Day 10: It was one of those days where I needed to stop and take a break! So much was going on at one time...You can tell from my expression that I haven't quite found my happy place just yet!


Day 11: ...is all about Starbucks!! We have gone to our local Starbucks drive-thru so many times this month already....Crazy! 


Day 12: As a tradition, we trek up to the Santa Cruz mountains to chop our tree down! We were lucky this year with no rain but it was extremely cold out - 41 degrees!


...to be continued...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

wow abby! your album is quite the eye candy! i've been waiting to see yours and i can't even begin to tell you how awesome it is. more please :)

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

Eye candy, indeed! That was exactly my thought when I was looking through it...Can't wait to see more!!!!!