Joey sleeps in a BIG-BOY-BED!
I know!!! I can't believe it!!!
Joey's on his 2-week vacation and we decided it would be the perfect time to transition beds. Last Tuesday on our date night, Dave and I went to shop for his new bed. We realized the store we had bought his crib/dressers from had closed, indefinitely. We were so bummed! We got over it and trekked onto the next mattress store and found a similar bed-style to Dave's old bed back at his parents' house; yes, his parents still have his old bedroom set that he has had all his life, in the same house...with the same wall color! Needless to say, it was a keeper for Dave. For me, I was more concerned with it complimenting the honey stain & style of Joey's existing furniture (that's the inner-interior designer-voice surfacing). I caved...I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
We bought it and it was ready for delivery the upcoming Sunday (two days ago)...it was perfect timing! It was delivered and installed in perfect timing for his nap as well. Yes, I am so proud to share Joey still has a nap -- ranges from 2 to 3 hours everyday -- We are very lucky! He has always been a good sleeper! We quickly got his bed ready, re-arranged his furniture...made it as 'familiar' as possible to what he would have in his crib (favorite pillows, fishes -- he loves fishes, toys, etc)...and called him over to his bedroom...and this is the expression we received...
Ahh...SO happy! He says, "Joey's Big Boy Bed"...


Here he's pretending he's sleeping...

I love how his feet are on the wall.

He slept amazingly well for his nap (he even went in earlier than usual) and through the night! This is a photo of him the following morning...he didn't want to leave his bed! Don't you love all the toys with him? He was never able to fit them all in his crib...well, in his Big-Boy-Bed, he can!

He and I have been spending a lot of time during the day just hanging out in his room. He loves his new bed...We love it too!
Cheers Buddy!
4 comments:
Congrats! Wow - that was fast. He didn't give you any problems at all. And you didn't have to use bribery :) So glad that he (and you) are enjoying his big boy bed.
And both Jeff and his brother still have their original bedroom dressers too - how funny is that?
Very very very cute pictures! And guess what? We'll be there in a month!!!! Can't wait :)
what a cutie pie- congrats to him for making the transition!
Way to go, Joey! Congrats and the smooth transition!
Such a seamless transition! You truly are so lucky Joey's such a good sleeper. Ryland never was, but Joss... I think she's gonna be just great. She's NEVER slept in our bed and she LOVES her crib. So, my fingers are crossed for when we transition her. =)
Post a Comment