Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Walk Now for Autism!



The overwhelming response to Joey's walk event was amazing. Even though a lot of our family members were not able to attend - they definitely made it seem as if they were there. Pleasanton is about a 1-hour drive from our home. We left bright and early...the weather was beautiful. It got a little toasty as the day progressed but nonetheless, beautiful. Paolo,  everyone loved the shirts! We loved the shirts. The kids looked so cute in them! We raised almost $3000 for Autism Speaks  and still more donations are coming in! Such a huge success! I can't even describe the feeling when we arrived to the fairgrounds. Other teams in matching outfits, the children, everyone literally happy...just watching everyone...you just feel this connection, not only within our own team but with everyone at the event. There is something to be said about that because we don't get this feeling on just any average day. Its the same feeling I get being at Joey's school with the other parents or when we attended an Autism conference a few weeks ago. We are very blessed with our family and friends who supported us at this event and who continue to support us everyday. I wouldn't have known about this event, if it weren't for Jenny ...Thank you for helping me make that phone call last year back in July, Joey is in such a better place now had he not been in his early intervention program. I love that lady! I digress, I didn't take a lot of photos, I was so wrapped into talking/visiting with everyone. :) I can't emphasize enough how much I enjoyed the event! We will do it again next year! In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite photos:


Joey wanted to wear his Daddy's sunglasses...the center photo cracks me up. The sunglasses were falling off his nose and he would raise his eyebrows thinking the sunglasses would go back up! LOL.


Papa & Joey hanging out.



3 comments:

SherE1 said...

Job well done, Abs, raising all that money! Joey is getting more and more handsome every day. Love that photo with the sunglasses! What a cutie! Glad the walk was a success! Maybe next year us girls can make it up there to help support!

Jenny said...

Abby, YOU inspire me everyday. You took on this Walk fundraiser head on as soon as Joey was diagnosed. Most people (me) would be trying to recover from the shock of it all but here you are helping to raise awareness for our kiddos. YOU are the best! xoxo

morningstar said...

That's awesome Abby! Your strength and passion really does shine through. Very commendable.