
My brother made it
home safe. He's been on deployment since January traveling to gawd knows where? So happy. The family is happy. I spoke to him yesterday and he gave me the play-by-play as his ship got closer to shore. Such an emotional story. He choked up when he first saw, Mia (my niece who just turned 2),..she instantly remembered him. I think the entire family was teary-eyed...she clutched onto him for the rest of the day.
He sent this photo to me (above) while he was overseas...and I have to say, I've never seen him look so confident. It's hard to believe his rank, Lieutenant Commander. Really?! My brother having such authority. I can't help but chuckle about it... Don't get me wrong, I am so very proud of him and his accomplishments...but really, my brother? Authority? :) Joking aside, so glad he's home!
2 comments:
Glad he's back home, safe and sound, too! Man, it's hard to have a spouse in the military. Props to the family! I don't know what I'd do if Alfred were away from us for any length of time.
Yay! Glad to hear Jay's back home with the family. Don't know why, but it makes me chuckle too thinking of Jay having "authority." hahaha... j/k...
Post a Comment