Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekend Photos

The best part of the weekend is knowing Joey has a love for strawberry-jam sandwiches! We just recently found out he's allergic to peanut butter...so jam sandwiches it is! We took a short road trip to see his Grandma in So. Cal and couldn't help myself in taking photos of this face! Gotta love the jam & bread crumbs!! 


Man, this kiddo has come a long way! Part of his feeding therapy includes combining two different types of textures: the dry from the bread and the sticky from the jam! Two extreme textures which we love that he loves!

On the way back home, we decided to drive up the 101! We stopped by one of D's favorite restaurants he used to go to as a child on family road trips! Oh yeah, the infamous Split Pea Soup -- at the original Andersen's in Buellton! Can you guess what Joey ordered?  


You guessed it!

...later that evening, D made some homemade pizza for all three of us along with our favorite drinks!


To the left we have New Castle for D, in the middle is Joey's thermos filled with milk and there's mine (good to take the edge off) Southern Comfort & 7...Cheers to more weekends like this!

3 comments:

morningstar said...

Yay for weekend road trips and old school diners! SO, when are you coming dow to S.D.??? Fiona and I are down to make all the jammy-jam-fancy sandwiches that Joey can eat! Miss you!

joyce said...

always love the updates via phone (jan) and blog (you)! it definitely makes me smile...yay for joey!!! miss you!

Jenny said...

Mmmmm! All that food looks good. It's so cute to see Joey eating :)

I know you have worked so hard and it's so cool to see Joey developing into this little guy. I know I'm going to be floored when I next see him. I can't wait to see how much he's grown!

miss you! xoxo