Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Think Happy. Be Happy."

Earlier this month, I ran into this saying "Think Happy. Be Happy." in a blog (forget which one) I read and it's simple...and it stuck! I also read somewhere about your "inner smile"...To smile all day and see how you feel. Going back to a moment when you felt truly happy & content...and bring that feeling into your entire body and then use this same smile to smile at yourself...then share this smile with others & you will be surprised how simple this changes your mind (mood) and that of those around you. Crazy, yes? But surprisingly, true!

So...I'm sharing my smiles this past month with you!! Little things that make me happy.


These were "just because" flowers! ...I love them, especially because of the delivery boy!!!


A new big deal around here!! He LOVES books!! They've actually replaced toys for the moment! Reading time before bedtime & reading just because really makes us super happy!!


Ellen DeGeneres has been my favorite talk show host for the longest time. I used to watch her old talk show years ago!! There is something about her personality that instantly makes me smile...and of course, dance!


Yes, he doesn't have the most happiest look on his face, ha-ha! But what makes me happy is that he has kept his promise by working from home more!


This is MONUMENTAL!! Look at that concentration...Man, gives me goosebumps, serious goosebumps! He has come a long way...and everyday, I am thankful for our blessings & his accomplishments. (TBP (to be posted): Mainstream preschool/Kindergarten update))
Here, he is making Valentines for his classmates! This is a first!!! Gotta love it...He is so good! He made these "one eyed monster" faces to put on the hearts...Too damn cute!!!

Oh yeah!! Love how you can read his name here. We've been using this method from "Handwriting Without Tears" developed by an occupational therapist...so far so good!

They had a little Valentine's party at his school! I brought some yummy Kara's Cupcakes and Joey handed out his cards. In this photo, they were lining up to go to the Gross Motor Room to shake off all that sugar in their systems...Love how Joey's right in the middle of it all!


Here he is in our hallway. I have to say, this hallway is one of the best elements of this house. We used to play fetch with our doggie in this hallway or hide-n-seek. Now, Joey uses it as "his street" to "drive his bike"...too funny!


And this is at the end of the hallway. This room has undergone so many changes...this one is a keeper! Love-Love-Love being in this room of mine!


Today, I'm going to see my Bunco (yes, the dice game) girlfriends for breakfast and later this evening, D & I are hosting a little dinner party for D's company peeps! Joey is going to have a play-date with Maya here at the house too; they too, will have their own little dinner party at the kiddie table! :) I'll have to post photos after the party...D is the cook for the night & of course, I was his sous chef! Last night, we started prepping for the party -- homemade pasta, meatballs, tiramisu (it's better when you make it the night before) -- taking out all the serving platters, drinking glasses...just makes me smile! Can't wait to hangout with some good friends and of course, eat some really good food!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

2 comments:

jan said...

Abby!! I love the pictures & even though those are things that make you smile, I have to say it made me smile too!! :) Everything!! Thanks for sharing with us what makes you happy!! Cant wait to catch up with you!! Love u!! Xoxoxo

Jenny said...

I agree with Jan! I am totally smiling as I read this :) Love it! I love everything you love too. All those pictures makes me smile. And the cool thing? I could totally picture you smiling as you were writing this. Love you! Miss you!