Saturday, May 16, 2009

Around the Room.

We made some changes in our home recently. We sold our guest bedroom set; my old bedroom set pre-married life. One of the best things about making these changes is that D will be working from home more. My previous craft room was his office -- Yes, I took over his room but gave it back to him as promised 2 years ago. I'm loving this space so much more. I still need to work on some areas but this is it for now... Enjoy!

This is what I'm greeted to as I enter the room.  The rocking chair on the far right has been in the Setti family for years; it used to be D's great-grandmother's.


I scrapbook and paint on the butcher block on the left. That was D's old butcher table back at his old house. He sanded it and put wrought-iron hardware on it to make it more feminine. I like standing up versus sitting down when creating. It reminds me back when I had my drafting table in design school.

This is the other side of the room. New found love is the sewing machine. Had it for years but hardly ever used...not anymore!


This is the view from down the hallway. Every morning I wake up to this and it just pulls me in. That room just makes me very happy.

3 comments:

ali k said...

Ummmm....I am super jealous. I wish my craft/office space looked that nice and organized!!! Maybe you can help me sometime get organized. My room is a disaster, so not inviting like yours.

Jenny said...

LOVE it! Can't wait to scrap in it :) lots of goodness going on in there!

morningstar said...

Wow! It's so inviting and immaculate! My work area is a disaster. It's creative chaos at its best! My goal over the summer is to organize and maximize my work space.