Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I {heart} this guy!



This past weekend we trekked back to my hometown to spend some quality time with my brother and his family. I had a great time as usual! ...I'm going to miss him! I wanted to have some photos taken of the two of us since it has been a while and well, I wanted to include it on our new family wall. I quickly put this together...there must have been over 30 shots taken. Umm, D was behind the camera and sometimes that's not a good thing. He doesn't he even tell you when he's taking a picture...he just starts clicking and stops when he feels like it. J, maybe we should've used the tripod. Ha-ha! I wish we could've stayed longer...I going to my miss my big brother! I think we are a lot alike. We are definitely goof-balls...we are also very serious...he thinks he's funny and well, I'm not -- I just make a lot of funny faces...Oh, and he's a know-it-all but I love that about him. What I've been loving most about him lately is his passion for building cabinetry. Dude, this guy is good! I wish I had a picture to share -- he just finished a built-in wall unit for my niece's playroom. It spans maybe 15 feet wide and is probably 9 feet tall. It's impressive especially with the lighting features he includes in the unit. I told him he should make this a business when he returns from deployment. I get dibs though...I'm thinking he should tackle my craft room first, ha-ha! I'm going to miss you, bro! ...Don't forget, because I know you're reading this...Pancakes at our house! We'll be waiting...especially D. Be safe. Love ya.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Very very very sweet pictures of you and Jay :) I will pray for his safe return. I love that the pictures really show how close you guys are. And how awesome would that be if you got a custom built cabinet for your craft room!! I'm glad you were able to spend some good quality time with him. Brothers are the best. xoxo

jan said...

Abby...you had some funny expressions!! hahaha. The pictures are great...it really shows your closeness + silliness :) Wishing your brother a safe return. Love ya!! xoxo

Jaide said...

Aww-love these pics. I hope that when Aiden , Ava (&Aubrey) grow up, that they'll be as close as you two are. xoxo

Jaide said...

Aww-love these photos. I hope that Aiden/Ava and Aubrey will be just as close as you two are! Lots of love! xoxox

joyce said...

love the pictures of you and jay. i especially love that dave captured sooo many photos of you 2 in one sitting and you get a good feel of how close you are...it reminds me of you and jay in high school...and abby, LOVE your funny faces! i was cracking up!!! love you.