Last year, we thought it was our 1st time experiencing everything that has to do with Halloween! Boy, were we wrong! Yesterday was pretty special for us... For the last few weeks, Joey has been indecisive about wearing a costume & what costume...and going to "strangers" (as he would call it) homes to say "trick or treat". I get it. Not news to us...it's very overwhelming for him.
First, he wanted to be a "Noggin". Very confusing, I know. He's referring to the former Noggin channel that is now Nick Jr. He has this love for Moose & Zee...so he wanted to be their logo! So, of course, the creative brainstorming begins and my thoughts of making this happen is "television set painted on a cardboard box, create straps so he can hop into it & wear it over his shoulders, a "noggin" logo would be placed in the TV screen and it would be topped off with an antenna hat"...not bad, right? So...Thursday came (yes, last week) and he says, "I want to be a mummy". Of course, on NickJr -- Moose is a Mummy for Halloween. Came Saturday night -- there I was making his costume. With the help of D & Joey ripping strips of cheesecloth to create this masterpiece. Was I in for a surprise! It took about 4 hours Saturday night and 3 hours on Sunday morning to make it! I'm actually surprised with my sewing abilities...not to toot my own horn or anything. Haha. The highlight yesterday: Joey saying, "Mama, I want to go to two strangers homes & Toni's"...to go Trick or Treating. Toni is a very close friend of ours that lives two houses away. Choosing a costume is a huge deal! Saying he wants to go to a "strangers" home is monumental!
Well, I forgot to mention -- the kid made a deal with us! Because we got super excited that Joey chose a pretty good costume idea...Joey said, "Daddy, you can be a Pirate and Mama, you can be a Pirate too". Umm, he didn't know that Daddy typically doesn't dress up. But for this kid...he'd do anything. This started our "new mood" to get into the Halloween spirit! History: D and I have never been a fan of Halloween festivities. New perspective = New Tradition. We started it yesterday...On the day of Halloween, we decorate the house with Halloween goodness, we all get dressed up in costume, start an early evening to go Trick or Treating and end the evening handing out candy! Simple but soo much fun, we think!
 |
| I was SUPER impressed with the webbing D created here! I think someone is really enjoying himself! |
 |
| He was ready to go!! ...Seriously took in this moment! This is HUGE! |
 |
| Umm, I'm so in love with this Pirate! He is ONE-COOL-DAD! |
 |
| Channeling his inner, friendly Mummy! |
 |
| Mummy & his Pirate-y Mama! |
2 comments:
Oh super cute! Yes, you have mad sewing skills! I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can't do :) Very sweet picture of Pirate Daddy taking Mummy Trick or Treating! Loving all the New Perspectives that come up in life. And GREAT picture of you and Joey - too cute!
You guys look great!!! Awesome job on Joey's costume, mama! =) I just love how our children inspire us to create new "traditions".
Post a Comment