Monday, January 4, 2010

Day Eleven to Day Twenty-Five.


Day 11:
I try to incorporate some self-portraits in my Dec Daily albums since I'm always behind the camera capturing the special moments. I enlarged this photo (almost 8x8) and adhered it on a Paper Source bag that I kept from last year.

Day 12:
Is a vellum envelope that holds all the gift tags on presents that were given to Joey this year. On the left page is a view from outside my craft room. We woke up to some frost...Joey & I loved it! He thought it was going to snow.


Day 13:
These were teacher gifts!

Day 14:
I got the stomach flu that week so I documented it. It was my first time getting it, YUCK! The left page tells the story behind the teachers gifts and when Joey & I got sick.

Day 15:
Twinkle Lights.
Day 16:
Joey is actually figuring out the advent calendar while eating a snack; total multi-tasker (didn't get it from me!) The left page are little details about how I organize gifts to relatives, stocking stuffers, etc.
Day 17:
Is a pocket full of receipts! :) What a perfect place to put them? If I need to exchange/return something, I know where to find them! The left page are little Joey-ism's he would repeatedly say throughout December!

Day 18:
Are pictures of Joey's artwork. On the left page, I wrote about how 'creative' we were as a family throughout the month.

Day 19:
This is D's business Christmas card sent out to his clients. We also had his company's Christmas dinner that night. A TON OF FUN! The details of the evening are inside the card.

cont'd Day 19: Inside the card! Eh-hem...Yes, you do see a photo of me puffing a stogie!

Day 20:
Is the day we had our Christmas!! The photo is my favorite. The look on Joey's face when he realized that Santa did get him what he wanted was priceless!!

Day 21:
...is really still the 20th! D decided to splurge on Joey...he left one morning to do errands & came back with a big surprise for him!! (Inside the green pocket is where I journaled about it)

Day 22:
Our Christmas card.
The left page shows how D surprised Joey with his new "toy"...

Day 23:
Is a Before & After page. We were leaving for So. Cal to celebrate two more Christmases and since we would be having family visit shortly after we return...I took down the decorations early. Turn the page over and you'll see the "after"... This is a first for me!


Day 24:
Is a page of favorite random photos that were taken in the past month...A bit of reflecting if you will...
Day 25:
Christmas spent with family!



Ahh...it's complete! I love how full the album is...and I love that it's finished!
Happy New Year!
*** Sorry for the blurry/dark photos of the pages. I wish you could see the album in person -- it's so much better and less blurry/dark...and there are misspelled words but I'm OK with it. :) Hope you enjoyed them nonetheless. Cheers!

3 comments:

jan said...

Abby--I love love love the album!! Everything about it...even right down to the smallest details & journaling!! I noticed the stocking which is a great way to still have a part of him there. Ahh...I loved the Joeyisms, the Setti reactions were classic, your fave photos & your looking back & reflecting how this holiday has been for you...good & bad & everything that came with it. I think it was true to how you're feeling at this moment & it'll be good to see your December 2010 album to see what has changed & the what nots. Thanks for sharing!!! xoxoxo

Jenny said...

Abby - I'm in tears looking at your album. It is beautiful - your work always is. But this year I could tell you did something different. To quote from Ali - "you focused just on photos + words". It's still your beautiful style but you enhanced it with more journaling. That couldn't have been easy. Thank you for sharing your private thoughts. And I will see that album in person - hopefully soon! Absolutley stunning pages. xoxo

joyce said...

i can't even begin to tell you just how much i LOVED your album!!!

days 1-5: i loved that not everything was christmas related and you focused on everyday life(joey's 5 fingers). i also loved the 4 embellishments to symbolize the day and of course, who thinks of using a felt pocket to hold last years and this years christmas cards?!!! YOU DO!

days 6-10: loved that you took the 2 flash cards and put them together to create one page. very innovative...you are always pushing it one step further! love it!!! love the use of packaging & canvas too.

days 11-25: i thought it was great that you saved something as simple as a bag and used it specifically for this album. you rock abby!!! loved the joey-isms...the before and after pics of your home & mostly loved the setti christmas. the looks on all of your faces are priceless. btw...i wish i had my own card of you, dave, joey & capo...jan and i fought for that one and she won!!! hahaha. thanks for sharing your everyday life. smooches!!!