Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Beginnings...

A lot of really good stuff going on in the Setti household. Joey has surprised us with so many milestones this month. Dave and I are amazed with such progress he has made within the past 2 months. He's been using a lot of 5 to 6 word combinations...requesting, sharing thoughts, negotiating (gets this from his Daddy)...it's mind-boggling with this fast pace he's on. Two weeks ago during his speech therapy session, he finally ate ("crunch, crunch, swallow...into to your belly") table food...it was a Cheeto but that's huge! He is now confident in eating Gerber Yogurt Melts. Typically, he would only lick to get the taste -- now he's at the point where you hand him one and it's "all gone" in seconds into his happy belly. We are building his "chewing stamina" for when it comes time to eat meat...slowly but surely it is going to happen! Everyone on "Team Joey" is very excited for what is to come for this little guy! He's definitely a hard-worker...

Another huge thing is his willingness to be independent. Something we've just started getting used to. We never showed him the process for brushing his teeth. We used to just brush his teeth for him in the changing room. I just set up his bathroom the other day and just by observing us when we brush our teeth...he did the same thing once I put the stool up against the vanity. It's totally cool...I'm loving every second of this...he just gets it!

I love how he is showing me how he's brushing his teeth!


Days have been very busy. Seems busier than usual. We've been dealing with a lot of new transitions and patterns and schedules in the past weeks that is getting harder and harder to blog, reply to e-mails and to scrapbook. This week, I made it a point to do something creative.  I wanted to see how fast I could create something before being "redirected" by my little man. I used my Studio Calico kits for both layouts...I had fun while it lasted. :) 


5 comments:

jan said...

Wow that is so great to hear that Joey is progressing by using more words & eating food!!! I'm so happy for Joey because that is definitely an accomplishment! And happy because I know that you, Dave & his teachers have been working so hard to help in Joey's success!! Enjoy this moment & remember there will be many more memorable milestones down the road!!

Also...I have to say I love the pics of Joey brushing his teeth!! He's growing! And love the layouts...thanks for sharing :) Miss you

Jenny said...

Go Team Joey!!! That's so awesome that Joey is eating! I'm literally jumping up and down and cheering for him :) Congrats to you and Dave for working so much with him. Joey is doing wonderful and it is all because he has you guys as parents. I'm tearing up just thinking of all the progress he has made. Abby - you are a superhero. I'm so lucky to call you my friend :)
xoxo

ps - i LOVE your pages!!!! Cheers for new beginnings!!

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

so great to hear about all of the progress that Joey is making..(great photos too!)

your layouts are fantastic!

wena said...

yay for you! yay for joey! isn't it amazing being a mother? :) thanks for sharing your blog & know that i'm rootin' for TEAM JOEY too! xo

rebeccaharper said...

wonderful journaling abby...that pic of joey is so cute...love the layouts too!!